Friday 15 July 2011

Olive Oil


So, as you can probably tell by my posting of the sugar olive oil scrub recipe, I have just discovered the wonders of olive oil.

I, like many other people, was very hesitant about putting oil on my face. I mean, I was trying to stop greasy skin, not add to it! But seriously, olive oil is one of the most amazing moisturisers I have ever found. And what's more? It's completely natural. That's right, no little nasty chemicals to attack your skin.


For centuries, olive oil has been used as one of the most effective tools in skin, hair and nail care.
For skin, it provides a long-lasting barrier that traps moisture in without clogging the pores, meaning healthy, hydrated skin without the huuuuuuuge greasy spots that usually come with it. The reason? The individual oil particles are too big to enter your pores. So what you get is all the goodness of the vitamin A and E (which are antioxidants, by the way) and no clogged up pores.
Using a drop of olive oil on a cotton pad, you can remove eye makeup gently and without irritation and a drop or two on the nails can eliminate brittleness and flakiness, leaving them strong and shiny.

The most frightening use for olive oil is as a hair conditioner (I know, oil on hair? WTH?!). But seriously, it is excellent for deep conditioning of your hair and scalp, providing you rinse it thoroughly.

Olive oil really is a brilliant weapon against dryness, so go on, give it the respect i deserves; try it out, you may just fall in love. <3

1 comment:

  1. I agree :)

    I used extra virgin olive oil on my skin during nighttime :p soo moisturizing and natural :). All the good stuffs for skin . Ah! :p


    xoxo
    teli
    krzteli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete