Friday 15 July 2011

Maybelline New York Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner

^ Why do they always have such long names? T_T


  Price: £7.99 from Superdrug

  WebsiteMaybelline

  Rating: * * * * *



So, it's three hours before prom and I have no decent eyeliner! *panic*. I have tiny eyes, so eyeliner is a must.
I was hesitant to buy this product - I'd never used gel liner and I hadn't read any reviews, so I was like, 'do I really want to buy this and end up with a rubbish poduct and no alternative?' My instincts said yes and I bought it and wow, I'm so glad I did.


I opened the box and was surprised to see a jar or eyeliner - this was a first for me - and a nice, thin brush. By this point, I was really excited to try it.
I dipped the brush into the jar and scooped out the tiniest amount of product, thinking I could always add more, but I found I didn't need to! The little amount spread across my whole eye easily, drying quickly. It also dried quickly on the brush, which was a downside as if you take forever (like I do) you have to keep adding more product as it keeps drying.

The soft bristles of the brush are gentle on the skin and don't pull it in the slightest, giving a nice even line.  It also gives excellent control, more so than a liquid eyeliner or a pen and, coupled with the consistancy of the gel, makes achieving a smooth line as easy as pie. I have shaky hands so my eyeliner application was never smooth until now.




             


The next test was the wearing of the eyeliner. 

It claims not to smudge and as long as you don't rub your eyes furiously, that claim stands to be correct. Another claim is that it lasts for twenty-four hours - that is also, very, true. It does fade slightly (although that may be due to me rubbing my tired eyes) but it still lasts...and lasts, and lasts.




             


The eyeliner is waterproof, but is said to come off with warm, soapy water. That is mostly true, however, a day after wearing it, I still have a faint black smudge, that won't come off without soap, under my eye. For that, it loses a star (what will it be doing to my skin?!)

Summary: Great product that lasts, gives total control and a nice smooth line (just a shame my camera and lighting don't do it justice, haha ^_^). I will definitely be buying this product again as my main eyeliner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment