Tuesday 19 July 2011

My Beautiful Misfit

PhotobucketSo if you're on my Twitter, you may have seen my update about my favourite fish dying. Then you may have seen my updated update about how I saved him. If you didn't, I'll fill you in.

This may sound a bit cruel, but I thought it was worth a shot as he was dying anyway and it could put him out of his misery, but I put a tiny drop of tea tree oil in the water of the hospital tank, along with the usual salt, dechlorinator and weekly cleaner and a couple of days later I noticed the swelling in his abdomen was reducing and his scales were no longer sticking out! I had treated my fish for dropsy! (That's very hard to do, by the way). I was over the moon, as expected - I mean come on, isn't he gorgeous?!

Of course I don't know if it was actually the tea tree oil that cured him, or it was just coincidence, and I don't actually know if he's treated yet, as he's still swimming a bit funny, but at least his infection seems to be clearing up. Good ol' antibacterial tea tree oil! It may deserve a review after this.

So besides playing the vet and not updating, what else have I been doing?

Well, I've been working on this blog for a while, trying to get it how I want it. I still haven't managed as I have discovered that it is pretty much impossible to set a different homepage, which I am quite sad about as I wanted you all to be greeted with a nice homepage filled with pictures and snippets of reviews and such, but I guess you'll just have to click the 'home' link to see what I've been doing *sigh*.
I've also been getting addicted to old school games. Pokemon Pearl is my latest DSi obsession and Monster & Me is my PC obsession. Monster & Me is a really cool but really dead game that I've been trying to revive with a little bit of free advertising, but to no avail; it's deader than ever. I blame the botters and all the bugs and the fact that it hasn't been updated since Hobbit-times :@:@:@:@:@:@
But anyway, if you're into Pokemon, you should really check out Monster & Me - it is super cool and super addicting once you actually get it to work. PLEASE CHECK IT OUT! I need to revive that game, my life depends on it O_o

Wow, this post has turned into an advertisement for tea tree oil and Monster & Me >_<
That's pretty much all I have to say right now, I'll keep you posted on how Misfit, my beautiful fish, is doing as he's not out of the woods yet.

Don't forget to follow this blog and my Twitter if you haven't done so already!

Gee x

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for following! You resurrected your fish, Misfit! That's pretty awesome, coincidence or not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing!!!! I am so impressed, what a fab idea! He must have had some kind of infection!!

    You have a great blog by the way and you are incredibly beautiful!! I wish you lots of luck with it and will definitly come back to read more of your posts! You write so well!

    All the best,
    Voe.
    ________________________________________
    http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww he is adorable! i know the feeling of seeing your fish ill! hurrah for saving him :) great blog im your new follower,i hope you'll follow back :)
    xoxox
    http://cosmopearls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this picture. lol. great blog, chick!


    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! that is such an amazing story :] a fish hero!
    I love your blog :]
    we should follow eachother!
    http://tiasauraus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blog<3
    Check out mine sometime if you want :)
    xx
    http://aimerose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete